ANNOUNCE: New Counting Software

Shane Brooks XX_shane.brooks at sci.monash.edu.au_XX
Sat Aug 23 01:23:35 EST 1997

This may be of interest to anyone who routinely uses laboratory counters
for sorting Invertebrates, Cells, Seeds, anything really.

Counter 4.1
============
Counter is a program I developed to use a computer as a multi-element
laboratory counter for counting invertebrates, algae, cells, etc from
collected samples.  Counter enables you to process the samples and then
export the data matrix directly into a spreadsheet or statistical
program.  This saves valuable processing time by eliminating the
requirement for typing in of large data sets and also eliminates data
transcription errors.

You can download a free evaluation edition of Counter from the web page.

http://www.sci.monash.edu.au/deeb/counter

Full details and documentation are on the web page.

If you do not have WWW access, then send me an email with the subject
"COUNTER EVALUATION", and you will be sent the free evaluation program as
an email attachment.

All proceeds from Counter assist my current research in aquatic ecology.

Shane Brooks
Dept. Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Monash University, Clayton 3168, Australia
Ph: +61-3-990-55623                   Fax: +61-3-990-55613
New Version!: Counter 4.1 - multi-element digital lab counter
New Web Page!: http://www.sci.monash.edu.au/deeb/counter