computer problem

crosley at tcp.co.uk crosley at tcp.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 08:46:21 EST 1997

     27/Aug/97
     Can anyone help with the following problems.

     1. Sometimes my computer 'freezes' and I have to reboot. I
     then find I have some rogue directories which I cannot
     delete. I have managed to eliminate them in the past but
     by chance and cannot remember how and can't with the
     present ones. Can I delete these without reformatting the
      disk?

     2. When I run windows (3.1) I have been getting the
     message 'not enough memory to run this application', but I
     can still run programs. It still occurs if I remove some
     'applications'. I have run Memmaker, but it does not cure
     this problem.

     I have Windows 3.1 (not 95), a Pentium 1.33, 1.2Gb disk
     and 8Mb RAM. I have Diskdoctor and Winchekit. Any
     suggestions gratefully received. John Shaw.