What are your 'favorite' software packages?

Dylan Bulseco bulseco at os.com
Wed Aug 27 22:13:35 EST 1997

HMS Beagle (http://hmsbeagle.com) is a BioMednet webzine for biomedical
researchers.  The software department includes a Software Alert column
(for announcing recent releases of software packages), Feature Reviews
of software packages, a Software Solutions column (illustrating software
in action) and a Favorite Software section.

I am posting to request any feedback on software packages that you would
like us to consider for inclusion in our "Favorite" software section.
My questions are:

1. Do you have any software packages that you find particularly useful?
If so, what are they (with any contact info, email or web site would be
handy)

2. Why do you like these software packages (as opposed to others in the
same category that you have tried).

Thanks in advance for any info!

Dylan Bulseco, Ph.D.
Software Editor, HMS Beagle