SOS- Reamplification of PCR products from silver-stained d PAGE gels.

Gan Kwang Yeang Damien sci40034 at
Sat Aug 30 03:40:53 EST 1997

I am  doing my thesis on RAPD fingerprinting of fish
varieties. I would like to clone and sequence several interesting RAPD
markers that I have detected. Does anybody know a good protocol that I can
adopt to excise a particular RAPD fragment from a silver-stained PAGE gel
and re-amplify it with PCR. Is elution necessary
before reamplification.If so,what is a suitable elution method? Please