Plasmid drawing software for PC??

C. J. Fields cfields at
Tue Feb 4 01:12:05 EST 1997

Pita Enriquez Harris wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good program for drawing/managing DNA constructs on
> a PC?
> If you know of where I can get a free download of a demo, that would be
> especially helpful!
> Thanks,
> Pita

Try Don Gilbert's excellent IUBIO archive at:

It should be under molecular biology in ibmpc.  VNTI has a great demo,
and I think a few others may be floating around (Plasmid Toolkit is a
more affordable one).

I believe there are ftp and html links as well, if you don't like
C. J. Fields
Graduate Student, Dept. of Biological Sciences
The University of North Texas
Denton, TX

email : cfields at
"Giving money and power to government is like giving
 whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
				-P. J. O'Rourke
"Join the military.  Travel to exotic places, meet
exciting people, then kill them"