Looking for BOB

Andy Law Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 4 04:39:12 EST 1997

 >  Andy (big nose) Law replied:
 >
 >  >I've written a Macintosh version.
 >
 >  Is that a graphical Mac version, Andy? Is it available?

Yes, it is a graphical version. It puts the list of high scores in the top
pane of a window and as you select different hits in that list, it displays
the corresponding alignment in the lower pane. Its not quite finished (I'm
working on an extra bit to allow you to pull the hit sequence via a Web
browser link to an SRS server) and I have to go through a complex
"permission to publish" procedure, but hopefully in the next couple of
months.

When you tie this together with Internet Config and another program that I
wrote to filter the results automatically, you get quite an elegant system
for those who prefer to use a Mac as their main machine i.e.

                      Run Blasts on Unix Machine

                         Download to Mac by FTP

                     Internet Config hands off files
                     ending '.blast' to Blast Filter

                Blast Filter checks for significant hits

            Significant Hits               No Significant hits

                 MacBOB

Andy Law