pI calculation

Chris Upton cupton at uvic.ca
Tue Feb 4 19:49:28 EST 1997

Hi,
  I'm looking for a way to query a protein database (eg Swiss-Prot) by pI.
ie get all proteins with pI > 8.

I'm not sure if there's programs to allow calc of pI for all proteins in the
database.  I guess output file could be large :-)

Then I might want to sort them....

Hmm, alternatively it would be nice to at least be able to get the pI for
1-200 proteins. Is there anything that will allow batch processing?
I seem to think I did this in the very distant past with 200 proteins,
either with GCG or IG.

Any advice appreciated....

Cheers,
  Chris Upton
Chris Upton
Biochemistry & Microbiology
University of Victoria          phone  250-721-6507
BC Canada                       fax    250-721-8855