Restriction Enzymes in DNA Strider?

Ned Mantei mantei at
Thu Feb 6 03:37:53 EST 1997

In article <nc1-0402971130080001 at>, nc1 at
(Namjin Chung) wrote:

> Dear DNA Strider Users:
> I use the above software for some sequence processing, and I think it's
> simple but very good software.  The only one thing I'm not satisfied with
> it is that it would not allow custom restriction by a selected set of
> REs.

If you hold down the option key while choosing "Graphic map..." from the
menu "Enz", you can choose from the restriction enzymes in the file
RELibrary.RELibrary can be edited by a word processor (save as "Text
only"). Or is this not what you meant?

Ned Mantei
Dept. of Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland
mantei at   Fax: +41-1-633-1046