Male and female symbols in Microsoft Word

Raymond Dalgleish ray at
Thu Feb 6 06:40:34 EST 1997

In article <BBA81A76BA7 at>,
   jwilkinson at ("Jenny Wilkinson") wrote:
>It is inside word 7.0.
>Go to menu "insert" -> "symbol". From font list choose
>"CommonBullets", male and female symbols are inside.
>How about in Word 6? or are these symbols only in Word 7.
Microsoft produced a set of true type fonts containing mostly
symbols that aided in the conversion of Word Perfect documents
to Word. The fonts (five of them I think) can be downloaded
from Microsoft's web site. The file might be available elsewhere
as wpcnv.exe . The female and male symbols are in the font called
Iconic Symbols Ext.

Raymond Dalgleish