looking for graphing software

Martin Pion mpion at ARTSCI.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Feb 12 14:01:32 EST 1997

Dear Kjell and fellow Netters,

May I add the following blatant bit of promotion to this thread, while
admitting up front a pecuniary interest? Unlike a used-car salesman,
however, I can promise you that this is factually correct.  ( }:-)
[=self-portrait]

1. You can download a free demo. of the latest Windows version 2.7 of Fig.P
directly from http://www.biosoft.com/biosoft/demos/fw27demo.exe - I just
did to check. Alternatively, I'd be happy to mail you a copy.

2. You can also see a screen shot of an eight figure page, created entirely
using Fig.P Win, the second figure being a good example of what is called
"Clean Scattering." To view it go to
http://www.biosoft.com/biosoft/figpwscr.htm

3. "Variable Offset" is one of the many powerful features offered by the
program and is straightforward to use. It is applicable to Scattergrams.
The X-data and Y-data "Graphic offsets" are changed from "Constant" to
"Variable" in the appropriate dialog boxes, and the columns in which the
X-offsets and Y-offsets are to be entered in the worksheet defined. An
"Automatic Scatter" dialog box allows the entry of "Center-to-Center
separation" and "Max. no. points on each row" and the program does the
rest. Some trial and error may be necessary to get the desired effect, but
this illustrates the method.

4. Existing DOS users of Fig.P can get a discount when obtaining the
current Windows version.

I hope this is helpful. There may be other programs out there with similar
capabilities but I'm not familiar with them.

Sincerely,
	Martin.

Biosoft, PO Box 10938, Ferguson, MO 63135.
Tel: 314 524 8029  Fax: 314 524 8129.