ms word to html

Tom Penick tomzap at
Fri Feb 14 08:01:13 EST 1997

On 13 Feb 1997 18:21:09 GMT, ckwen at (Chi-kuang Wen)

>Robin Hayes (rhayes at wrote:
>: In article <32F8D697.432B at>, of Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:51:03
>: -0500, Jeff Marshall of jeff at says...
>: >
>: >Word has an okay HTML assistant that already converts Word text to
>: >HTML.  If you haven't looked at that yet, you may want to go over to
>: > and get the assistant.
>: >
>: >Jeff Marshall
>: Sorry, but that drives me nuts with the way it corrupts the files I write.
>: I am interested in this info also, cause I am thinking of writing my own
>: too.
>: Robin
>: --
>: pereant omnes ignavi seque stuprent
>: rhayes at
>: The Virtual Fooles Troupe:
>Word 7.0 can convert your doc format to html format.
>hope this helps.
Also, Word has a powerful macro language that you can use to write your
own html editor.  After trying several editors, each with some shortcoming
including HTML assistant, this is what I did.  That way you can have it
work exactly the way you want and can make updates as new html
tags come along.

Tom Penick             Web page:
tomzap at          The Pacific Coast of Oaxaca, Mexico
Austin, Texas