ms word to html

Tom Penick tomzap at eden.com
Fri Feb 14 08:01:13 EST 1997

On 13 Feb 1997 18:21:09 GMT, ckwen at expert.cc.purdue.edu (Chi-kuang Wen)
wrote:

>Robin Hayes (rhayes at powerup.com.au) wrote:
>: In article <32F8D697.432B at infocomm.net>, of Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:51:03
>: -0500, Jeff Marshall of jeff at infocomm.net says...
>: >
>: >Word has an okay HTML assistant that already converts Word text to
>: >HTML.  If you haven't looked at that yet, you may want to go over to
>: >http://microsoft.com and get the assistant.
>: >
>: >Jeff Marshall
>
>: Sorry, but that drives me nuts with the way it corrupts the files I write.
>
>: I am interested in this info also, cause I am thinking of writing my own
>: too.
>: Robin
>: --
>: pereant omnes ignavi seque stuprent
>: rhayes at powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/
>: The Virtual Fooles Troupe: http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/vfoolshm.htm
>
>Word 7.0 can convert your doc format to html format.
>
>hope this helps.
>
>Chi-Kuang

Also, Word has a powerful macro language that you can use to write your
own html editor.  After trying several editors, each with some shortcoming
including HTML assistant, this is what I did.  That way you can have it
work exactly the way you want and can make updates as new html
tags come along.

Tom Penick             Web page:
tomzap at eden.com          The Pacific Coast of Oaxaca, Mexico
Austin, Texas            http://www.eden.com/~tomzap/index.html