Perl utility to extract entries from mulitple-fasta?

K.James bss194 at thunder
Tue Feb 25 05:13:02 EST 1997

Brian Osborne (bosborne at NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU) wrote:
: To the group,

: I can remember that someone, somewhere wrote a program in
: Perl to extract individual sequences from multiple fasta files. Does
: anyone know where I can find this work?

It probably isn't the one you are thinking of, but I have written one
that splits fasta files (and joins individual sequences for the reverse
effect). It was originally made to convert the silly DNAstar format to
fasta, but it splits/joins fasta too.

It's a bit rough and ready, but it works. I dropped it in the e-mail.
regards,

--
Keith James Ph.D. - k.james at bangor.ac.uk  PGP 2.6.2i  Key ID 469A9FA1
Biodegradation Group                         *Encrypt and Survive*