What is your favorite patch-clamp hardware/software?

Jean-Michel Rigo JM.Rigo at ulg.ac.be
Fri Feb 28 04:15:46 EST 1997

Hans-Georg Klieber <klieber at mailer.uni-marburg.de> wrote in article
<32f99325.3279390 at news.uni-marburg.de>...
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I would like to collect your opinions on the advanteges
> and disadvanteges of the electrophysiology equipment
> that you use for patch-clamping.
>
> I am particularly interested in your experience regarding
> - amplifiers
> - computer controlled measurement (whole cell, single
> channel), hardware & software
> - choice of mass storage
> - software to further evaluate the measurments
>
> Your responses are greatly appreciated.
> I will provide a summary of all contributions.
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Hans-Georg Klieber
>
> --
> Dr. Hans-Georg Klieber, klieber at mailer.uni-marburg.de
> Physiological Institute, University of Marburg, Germany
> Office: +49-6421-286521, Home: -25680
> http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~klieber/

We are using WinTIDA software (commercialized by HEKA) which is very
suitable for acquisition, drug application (with an LP/SP8 superfusion
system) and stimulation. At present, we use it only for whole-cell
patch-clamp recordings.
We have two BioLogic amplifiers (RK-300 and RK-400). For mass storage, we
first use the server of our network and then transfer the files onto a
recordable CD.
Hoping it could help you,

--
Jean-Michel RIGO
Université de Liège - Service de Physiologie humaine