DIALIGN alignment program for LINUX

Burkhard Morgenstern morgenst at gsf.de
Thu Feb 27 07:39:22 EST 1997

Since many people have been interested in a LINUX version
of our new alignment program, a LINUX executable of

                  DIALIGN
                  *******

is now available.

DIALIGN is a completely novel program for pairwise
as well as multiple alignment of nucleic acid and
protein sequences. It is especially suited to detect
local similarities in otherwise unrelated sequences
and it does not employ any kind of gap penalty.

The method is described in

  B. Morgenstern, A. Dress, T. Werner:
  Multiple DNA and protein sequence alignment based on
  segment-to-segment comparison
  Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93 pp. 12098 - 12103 (1996)

The DIALIGN executable for LINUX as well as executables for
various UNIX platforms (DEC, SGI, CONVEX, HP, SUN) together
with a detailed user guide, online help and a test example
are available at

  http://www.gsf.de/biodv/dialign.html

or via ftp:

  ftp://ariane.gsf.de/pub/unix/dialign

More detailed information on DIALIGN is available at our
web page. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions
for improvements of the program, please feel free to contact
us by e-mail. Since we plan to continue in the development of
the DIALIGN program,

  ANY KIND OF FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

  Burkhard Morgenstern

Dr. Burkhard Morgenstern
GSF - National Research Center for Environment and Health,
Institute of Biomathematics and Biometry
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1,
85764 Neuherberg,
Germany

Email: morgenstern at gsf.de