sequence alignment algorithms

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at
Mon Jan 6 13:20:56 EST 1997

I'm new to programming so forgive me if I say something obviously

I'm interested in writing a program to do some primer-design tasks,
among other things. The first thing I want the program to do, however,
is a multiple sequence alignment. I realise this is like reinventing the
wheel, which I'd rather not do. Are there a few "standard" algorithms
out there for this task? What about other "standard" molecualr biology

Also, maybe someone could suggest a few good beginning references for
this sort of programing.

Check this!