sequence alignment algorithms

Georg Fuellen fuellen at
Sun Jan 12 14:38:35 EST 1997

In article <32D14288.5D34 at>, Susan Jane Hogarth <sjhogart at> writes:
|> [..] multiple sequence alignment. [..] Are there a few "standard" algorithms
|> out there for this task? What about other "standard" molecualr biology
|> algorithms?
|> Also, maybe someone could suggest a few good beginning references for
|> this sort of programing.

A couple of resources, including a tutorial I wrote for an online course, are
listed at
(the Multiple Alignment Internet Resource Summary).
I'd like to take the chance to ask everyone to please MAIL ME ADDITIONS,
CORRECTIONS, etc.  I'll update the list, and the newest version will be kept
available at the URL above, and its mirrors at

Also, if you're interested to test beta Perl code for handling multiple
alignments, please drop me a note ! (Despite some delays, it's very likely
that we can post an announcement to prospective testers in 2-3 weeks.)

best wishes,
fuellen at dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE, fuellen at MIT.EDU