Secondary Structure Prediction Software

John Philo jphilo at amgen.com
Wed Jun 4 15:45:00 EST 1997

bics1 wrote:

> I am looking for a software which can predict protein secondary
> structure from circular dichroism data.
> Can anybody please help me?
> Please mail me in the following address:
> krish at tifrvax.tifr.res.in
> Krishnananda Chattopadhyay
> India

All the CD instrument manufacturers supply programs that will do this.

One public domain program I know of is available at
http://www-structure.llnl.gov/cd/cdtutorial.htm
I haven't tried it myself.

I believe Gerald Fasman (Brandeis) also has a program he has released
into the public domain.  You could try e-mailing him at
fasman at binah.cc.brandeis.edu

'Hope this helps.

John Philo, Protein Chemistry, Amgen
*** Disclaimer: These are the opinions of the poster not Amgen Inc.***