Wanted: Calcium buffer program.

Ian Musgrave Ian.Musgrave at RemoveInsert.med.monash.edu.au
Thu Jun 12 22:57:12 EST 1997

Address altered to avoid spam, delete RemoveInsert

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:46:33 GMT, len bell <lgbell at liverpool.ac.uk>

>Does anyone know of a good program for calculating free calcium (Ca2+)
>levels in buffers containing [ATP/ADP], [EGTA], pH etc.
>Would the CABUFFER program reffered to in D J Pehowich post do the job?
CABUFFER seems to have vanished into thin air. I use a very good
program by Chris Patton, MaxChelator which comes in DOS and
Win3.1/Win95 versions. It can handle all the above scenarios. I do not
know of any MAC programs, but MaxChelator will run under SoftPC on a

MaxChelator is available from
or by emailing Chis Patton: cpatton at stanford.edu
Other programs avalable are
but I have not used them.

Cheers! Ian
Ian Musgrave Ph.D, Prince Henry's Institute of Medical Research
PO Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Australia.
Phone +61 3 550 4286 FAX +61 3 550 6125
Lab: Ian.Musgrave at med.monash.edu.au <http://www.mmcc.monash.edu.au/~ian-mu/nchem.htm>
Private: Reynella at werple.mira.net.au <http://werple.mira.net.au/~reynella/>