Aligment editing/shading?

Kay Hofmann khofmann at isrec-sun1.unil.ch
Thu Jun 26 14:16:56 EST 1997

lab general (sljohnsn at uiuc.edu) wrote:
: I'm trying to find a program that I can install locally that I can use
: for alignment shading and a little editing. A couple of the programs
: that I've looked at were fairly complicated because they were made to do
: much more than shading. I'm looking for a program that will run on SGI
: so that I can do everything on one machine but I could settle for
: something on MacOS. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Try BOXSHADE. It is now available in a C version and SGI executables.
ftp from ulrec3.unil.ch  in /pub/boxshade. Credits to Hartmut Schirmer
for doing the C port !

Good luck,

Kay

Kay Hofmann                                Tel. +41 (21) 692-5892
ISREC Bioinformatics Group                 FAX  +41 (21) 652-6933
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research
CH-1066 Epalinges s/Lausanne          URL: http://ulrec3.unil.ch/
Switzerland                        E-mail: khofmann at isrec.unil.ch