Looking for digital image analysis software

ISOAI Atsushi aisoai at agc.co.jp
Sun Mar 2 07:06:11 EST 1997

In article <5f9ubd$rca at dfw-ixnews12.ix.netcom.com>, kschap at ix.netcom.com
(Kane L. Schaphorst) wrote:

>While I believe these imaging systems may be adequate for figure
composition
>and image archival, I am not certain about this.  Furthermore, I do not
know of
>any decent freely available or commercially available software that can
perform
>quantitative analysis on these images.  To date, the only image analysis
I have
>needed to perform is densitometry by either profile or volume analysis.

Hi,
I can not recommend the best imaging systems for your purpose,
but if you have PC and scanner why not you try NIHImage.
It's free but (I think) it's one of the best image software in
the world. You can get it from:
Please try it. I hope it is useful for you.

Atsushi Isoai, Ph.D. <aisoai at agc.co.jp | aisoai at yk.rim.or.jp>
Senior Staff Researcher, Research Center, Asahi Glass Co.LTD.