Software for 3-D graphics!

Andrew Dalke dalke at ks.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 3 12:31:24 EST 1997

Raghavender Pillutla <raghav at umr.edu> asked:
> Can anyone tell me where I can find a software that can display simple
> objects in 3-D?  Specifically, I want to know if there is any programs
> which can display spheres when I give the radius and the x,y,z
> coordinates of the center.

You might try AtomTV.  See
http://www.hprc.utoronto.ca/HPRC/visualization/examples/atomtv/doc/atomtv.html
However, it looks like it only works for SGIs, and you posted from
an HP, so you might want try PlotAtoms from the LASSP Tools distribution
at http://www.lassp.cornell.edu/LASSPTools/LASSPTools.html .  It says:

> For example, it's currently an incredible pain to plot spheres on your
> screen. We've cured this with PlotAtoms.

  Seems to fit your situation, though it doesn't appear obvious on
how to set the sphere radius for each term.

						Andrew
						dalke at ks.uiuc.edu