Software for 3-D graphics!

Rob Miller rmiller at house.med.und.ac.za
Tue Mar 4 04:41:05 EST 1997

Raghavender Pillutla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can find a software that can display simple
> objects in 3-D?  Specifically, I want to know if there is any programs
> which can display spheres when I give the radius and the x,y,z
> coordinates of the center. Pl. help. thanks in advance.
>
> Raghu

I believe you can do this with Roger Sayle's RasMol (free),
though you will have to put your xyz coords into something
that looks like a PDB (Brookhaven Protein Data Bank) file
with the radius where the R-factor goes.

						rob.

Robert T. Miller, Ph.D.
rmiller at house.med.und.ac.za

Manager - Durban Satellite - South African National Bioinformatics
Institute

Faculty of Medicine / Dept of Virology / University of Natal
Private Bag 7 / Congella 4013 / Durban / South Africa
phone +27 (031) 3603743                     fax +27 (031) 3603744 or
2604441