ANNOUNCE: DBWatcher 2.00 stable + HTML doc + survey

Frederic PLEWNIAK plewniak at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Mar 5 04:32:56 EST 1997

Hello everybody,

DBWatcher Stabilised Version
I'm pleased to announce that  version 2.00  of DBWatcher can be
considered
(at last...) as stabilised. Major bugs, which seriously limited the
number
of allowed searches per user, as well as minor bugs have been fixed.

The new version is available from our anonymous ftp site :

	ftp://ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/pub/DBWatcher/

Hypertext Documentation
There now exists a documentation in  HTML format  which can be accessed
at

	http://www-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/BioInfo/LocalDoc/DBWatcher/

or downloaded for local installation from

	ftp://ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/pub/DBWatcher/doc/

Mailing List
Until now, I have not been able to keep track of sites where DBWatcher
has
been installed.  This would have been  very useful though, not only for
my
personal records, but also to be able to provide a better support. I
would
be very grateful then if you could, please, let me know you have
installed
DBWatcher at your site by  returning the  completed  little form  below
plewniak at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr :

8<------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organisation   :
Contact person :
e-mail address :

Platform :
OS       :

Do you run DBWatcher for local searches?

Do you run DBWatcher for remote searches at NCBI?

Do you use SetDBWatcher?

Number of users (roughly) :

Any comments?

Any wishes?