Ask for materials on bioinformatics

Georg Fuellen fuellen at
Thu Mar 6 09:19:58 EST 1997

Zhang Ren wrote,
>Hi, Dear friends:
>I am very interested in Bioinformatics. Can anyone provide me some
>materials on some introductory courses on Bioinformatics or some
>papers ( or web sites) containing that topic?

You may wish to take a look at the material assembled for the
VSNS-BCD BioComputing Course, at

In particular, we currently need feedback on our new addition,
``Biocomputing For Everyone'', at
I'm glad to receive any comments, questions, praise and criticism :)
Also, does anyone know a popular science mag which may be interested in
this material ?

Thanks to all contributors (most of them have submitted a self-description at, and to
David Steffen/MCBR and Paolo Romano/ABC Genoa for providing the mirrors.

best wishes,
Georg Fuellen, fuellen at, fuellen@
Univ. Bielefeld, Research Group in Practical Comp. Science, Fax +49 521 106 6411
Http://WWW.TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE/techfak/persons/fuellen/ , Fon .... 106 2903