Error bar in Microsoft Excel 5.0?

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Mon Mar 10 18:32:30 EST 1997

Dear MS Excel 5.0 users,

I like the Excel very much since I could do spreadsheets and make charts
in a single file of single software.  However, I couldn't have figured out
how I can add error bars of standard deviation to line chart or bar chart
even after many, many trials.

It seems that Excel does not support addition of varying degree of error
bars when you graph; it only give me fixed degree of error value.  Or it
might need some hidden tricks to do this.  Does anybody know about this
tricks?

I would appreciate your help.  Thanks.

Namjin Chung, who knows little and asks a lot!
Program in Molecular Cancer Biology
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina