Bioinformatics Position Available

Frank White frank_white at berlex.com
Wed Mar 12 00:56:43 EST 1997

Imagine The Possibilities....

At Berlex, we've built our reputation on FDA-approved product successes
and a proven track record in the pharmaceutical industry. Currently, we
are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to take on primary
responsibility for a company-wide proprietary genomics database, in a
central function integral to our ongoing genomics-based drug discovery
efforts.

Bioinformatics Scientist

Come join us in this newly created position, and help grow our Bioinformatics
function.  We offer a highly interactive, matrix-oriented environment.  This
is the perfect opportunity for a good communicator who can facilitate
interactions between Information Technology and drug discovery scientists.
We will rely on you to guide the evolution of our database through a thorough
understanding of the biological aspects of database design, utilization and
updating.   In addition, you'll assess appropriate associated hardware and
software and facilitate end-user training on sequence analysis software.

We require a PhD in Bioinformatics or Biochemistry/Molecular Biology with
demonstrated informatics experience.  Programming experience in SQL, Perl,
Awk and C or C++ is required (HTML and Java experience a plus), and should
be supported by a background in UNIX, Windows NT and Mac platforms.
Experience in relational database design is essential (Oracle preferred).
Pharmaceutical industry experience would be a plus.

To apply, send your curriculum vitae and the names of three references to:

BERLEX BIOSCIENCES
HUMAN RESOURCES EMPLOYMENT
15049 San Pablo Ave.
Richmond, CA  94804-0099.