ANNOUNCEMENT: TESS (Transcription Elememt Search Software) updates

Jonathan Schug jschug at cbil.humgen.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 14 11:45:07 EST 1997

TESS (Transcription Element Search Software) is a set of software for
locating and displaying transcription factor binding sites in DNA
sequence.

TESS is available at http://agave.humgen.upenn.edu/utess/tess
Please note this address.  We still have many people using an old
address for string searches.

We have recently made the following improvements to our services.

Wed Mar 5  1997
We have an augmented string search which allows the user to restrict the
set of factors used in the search.  It uses a regular expression search
on a selected attribute of the factor entries, i.e. species,
classification, expression pattern, and so on.

Tue Mar 4  1997
We are now using version 3.1 of TRANSFAC, which has just been released.

Tue Feb 28 1997
Nicely formatted TRANSFAC entries are more readable.

Thanks to the folks at GBF (http://transfac.gbf-braunschweig.de)
for maintaining TRANSFAC.

See also our main web page at http://www.cbil.upenn.edu/

Thanks,

Schug                                    Voice: 215 573-3113
Computational Biology and Informatics Laboratory    Fax:
3111
510 Blockley Hall / 422 Curie Boulevard
University of Pennsylvania
jschug at cbil.humgen.upenn.edu