ABI view

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 11:20:51 EST 1997

In article <5h66i8$squ at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, "Mr. P. Cunningham"
<pcunning at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> writes
>Could somebody tell me where I might find an ftp site
>for this software which i am told is public domain

Try Chromas:

Chromas is a Windows application which displays and prints chromatogram
files from ABI automated DNA sequencers, and Staden SCF files which the
analysis programs for ALF and Li-Cor sequencers can create. Chromas
allows basecall editing and exporting of the sequence to a file or the
clipboard.

* Chromatograms can be saved in Staden SCF format.
* The sequence can be exported in FASTA format.
* There is an option to automatically select the next base in the
  sequence after a base is changed.
* You can scroll through the sequence using the arrow keys.

Chromas can be downloaded from:

http://trishul.sci.gu.edu.au/~conor/chromas.html

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark