ANNOUNCE: FirstBase 1.02b (OS/2 molecular cloning software)

rhughes at ucsd.edu rhughes at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 26 18:47:22 EST 1997

FirstBase (version 1.02b) is now available for FREE download from the Paul Insel lab Web site,

	www-insel.ucsd.edu

FirstBase is a PM program written in VX-REXX.  It allows intuitive analysis of DNA sequences,
including restriction analyses, open reading frames and more.  We routinely use it in our lab, kind
of like the calculator of cloning tools.

Version 1.02b, revised by myself and Jim Amen at Li-Cor, corrects a printing bug and allows drag-
and-drop entry of files into the data window.

If you have any questions, please address them to the FirstBase discussion forum (on the FirstBase
page) rather than to me by e-mail.  Thanks!

Richard J. Hughes, Ph.D.