ANNOUNCE: Add FREE! group discussion software to your Web server

rhughes at ucsd.edu rhughes at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 26 19:05:37 EST 1997

Lilikoi Software, of which I am the president (I'm not a US citizen, so I *have*
to be the president of something!), is offering its acclaimed "Ceilidh" group
discussion software for FREE download from the World Wide Web.

	www.g0rvx.demon.co.uk

	www.lilikoi.com (coming soon)

Ceilidh is a Gaelic word that means a gathering of people in a festive atmosphere
and that pretty much sums up what Ceilidh offers.  Ceilidh is a single compiled
C source code executable that currently runs on DEC Alpha, Linux, OS/2, Solaris,
SunOS and Windows NT/95 platforms.  Installation on your own Web server is a
very simple affair.  Ceilidh is both server and browser-independent, working on
everything from Lynx to Netscape Navigator.

Ceilidh offers an intuitive, fault-tolerant, interface that provides automatic text
conversion into HTML, on-the-fly editing (with preview of the formatted message
prior to addition to the message index), automatic message expiration in addition
to a host of other features too long to be listed here.

Utah State University English Department is currently operating 70 Ceilidh-driven
group discussion forums from asingle Windows NT server.  The professors there
are finding that Ceilidh suits their communication needs better than e-mail!

But don't take my word for it.  Check out the Ceilidh Home Page, www.g0rvx.demon.co.uk
You can test Ceilidh there and you can download a copy for your own server with absolutely
no obligation.

Richard J. Hughes, Ph.D.
Lilikoi Software