Biopolymer mode for Emacs?

K.James bss194 at thunder
Thu May 1 09:01:28 EST 1997

Is there a nucleotide/amino acid highlighting mode for emacs? I've
checked the elisp archive and such a beast doesn't exist there. Maybe
someone has their own which they would be prepared to share?

How difficult is it to develop a new emacs mode? Not knowing any Lisp, the
manuals are a bit impenetrable to me. Just how big a task is it likely to
be, before I start putting man-hours into it? I'm up for the challenge if
it's within my capabilities. I'd love to have all my favourite features
from various proprietary sequence editors in one (free) package.

--
Keith James Ph.D. - k.james at bangor.ac.uk  PGP 2.6.2i  Key ID 469A9FA1
Biodegradation Group                         *Encrypt and Survive*