Biopolymer mode for Emacs?

K.James bss194 at thunder
Thu May 1 09:01:28 EST 1997

Is there a nucleotide/amino acid highlighting mode for emacs? I've
checked the elisp archive and such a beast doesn't exist there. Maybe
someone has their own which they would be prepared to share?

How difficult is it to develop a new emacs mode? Not knowing any Lisp, the
manuals are a bit impenetrable to me. Just how big a task is it likely to
be, before I start putting man-hours into it? I'm up for the challenge if
it's within my capabilities. I'd love to have all my favourite features
from various proprietary sequence editors in one (free) package.

Keith James Ph.D. - k.james at  PGP 2.6.2i  Key ID 469A9FA1
Biodegradation Group                         *Encrypt and Survive*
School of Biological Sciences             Nightmare: Quake me up now!
University of Wales, Bangor, UK