Gel analysis software

K.James bss194 at thunder
Mon May 5 07:25:39 EST 1997

Marek Treiman (mat at biobase.dk) wrote:
: Hello netters,

: Can anyone recommend a public domain/low cost software for analysis
: of digitalized gel images? The commercial versions seem outrageously
: expensive (2,000 $ and up)!

: Tips greatly appreciated!

I've heard of something called DNA-GUI which claims to be "A Graphical
User Interface for Quantitative Imaging and Analysis of Electrophoretic
Gels and Autoradiograms". I can't say how good it is since I haven't been
able to get it to compile on my Linux box (though I think this is my
inexperience, rather then a problem with the source).

The DNA-GUI homepage is at:
http://www.ibc.wustl.edu/bcl/DNAGUI/dnagui_home.html

and there's a patch to get it to compile on Linux at:
ftp://ftp.rhrz.uni-bonn.de/pub/institute/meb/molbio/linux/

The package appears to be Unix only.

--
Keith James Ph.D. - k.james at bangor.ac.uk  PGP 2.6.2i  Key ID 469A9FA1
Biodegradation Group                         *Encrypt and Survive*