backup system for Mac

Richard P Grant rgrant at see.sig.for.address
Tue May 13 02:09:06 EST 1997

Retrospect / Retrospect Remote.  Use one machine as a central server and
back up each remote HD automatically.  Works really great if you have
machines that can auto-power up and down.  We back up to a 2 Gig Dat drive
but other options are, I believe, available.  Can be completely automated
- all you have to do is change the tapes!

I'll dig out the contact details if you like.

Yiji Xia (yxia at iastate.edu) wrote:
} Hi,

} We have several Macintosh conneted thru network in the lab.  We assign
} lab personnel to specific machines and they store their data on their
} "home" hard drive.  We now want to set up a backup system to backup all
} these HD periodically.  I would appreciate any
} information/suggestion/complaint regarding this matter. Thanks.

} An-Ping Hsia
} Ph.D./Schnable Lab
} hsia at iastate.edu

--
Richard P. Grant  MA  DPhil        University of Oxford
Nuffield Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology      FFPGP