Windows Software for Sequence Analysis?

Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Tue May 20 05:25:01 EST 1997

In article <MPG.de811206b2219139896a4 at nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
	magoldst at ix.netcom.com (Marc A. Goldstein) writes:

> Hi Everybody,

	Hi all,

> 	Following up on the recent post (below) on the MSwin 32bit version
> of ClustalX, I went to the directory listed below and found that the
> version 1.4 file for 32 bit mswin was missing. 1.3 was there, but I have
> trouble running it (it hits an error anytime it tries to write output to
> my hard disk). The missing file for 1.4 was listed in the directory
> contents readme file as below:
>
> clustalx1.4b.msw.zip     - a MSwin32 compressed file
>
> 	Has anyone been able to download this file, or get the version 1.3
> to work well in Win95?
>
> Marc Goldstein
> magoldst at ix.netcom.com

	Well, we have some problems compiling and testing the programme on
a microsoft platform. I just receive the machine and will be able to
look around those problems. The 1.3b should work well, only some
analysis tools enhancement were made from 1.3b to 1.4b, and not so
important bugs corrected.
	(Same remark for the Linux version, compiled by Thomas Sicheritz)

	Also, we can't test the programme extensively on all the
platforms, we need replies about compilation and/or running problems.
We will provide a little form to report bugs, but please send us
some feed-back now! I never heard that the 1.3b was instable on Win32.
Please mail me any error, and the context (OS etc...), then we can test it.

	We really can't provide a free software and a commercial support ;-),
but we will try to do our best.

							Francois.
--
Francois Jeanmougin     | groupe de bioinformatique / bioinformatics groupe
tel:(+33) 3 88 65 32 71 | IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
"C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun."(Thiefaine)