marking rodent in color

Alexandre Dobly adobly at resulb.ulb.ac.be
Tue Nov 4 11:06:33 EST 1997

Hello,

I work on rodent behaviour (voles) at the Free University of Brussels.

To use a images analyse software (EthoVision) in our lab, we have to mark our
voles in various color.
But they have dark furs (brown), and we don't succeed to find how to mark them
in color acceptable for the software.
We don't know any colored substance that resists to the frequent licking of
these animals. Colars or ear tags don't stay for long time.

Do someone know a possible soluton to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Alexandre Dobly

Behavioural Biology of Mammals
   [Biologie du Comportement des Mammiferes]
Free University of Brussels - CP 160/12
   [Universite Libre de Bruxelles]
50, av. F. Roosevelt
B-1050 Bruxelles
BELGIUM
Phone: + 32 2 650 45 25      o o (   ( )___
  Fax: + 32 2 650 24 45     >O<- ~   "~
Email: adobly at resulb.ulb.ac.be