Advice on DNA sequence analysis web sites

Nathalie Castells-Brooke mserv at res.bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 11:41:48 EST 1997

Simon Firek wrote:

> Could anyone recommend a good web site that allows access to FREE DNA
> sequence analysis software for e.g. restriction mapping, finding ORFs,
> introns etc.  I've been searching for ages and only found software for
> database searches.
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

There is an ORF Finder at

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gorf/gorf.html

and a lot links to software at

http://www.res.bbsrc.ac.uk/molbio/soft.html

I am not sure I have come accross a software to find introns, or other
free DNA analysis. When I found something I write it in that page above.

Hope that helps.

--
Dr Nathalie Castells-Brooke                   I hear and I forget
Bioinformatic Department                     I see and I remember