information needed

Jerry Learn learn at
Thu Nov 13 20:06:41 EST 1997

In article <learn-1211971628250001 at>,
learn at (Jerry Learn) wrote:

> In article <stuart-1211971037110001 at>, "Stuart
> Rison" <stuart at> wrote:
> > >In article <63vn9d$hc8$1 at News.Dal.Ca>,cwang2 at (Cheng Wang) wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know that if there is a software to calculate the apporximate
> > >molecular weight of a peptide or protein?
> >
> > >many thanks
> >
> > The address I posted in my previous message appears to be incorect.  The
> > correct address to obtain the PAWS is on the Proteometric site at:
> >

> > The program is availbale for Mac (PPC and 68k), Windows NT and Windows 3.1
> >
> The WWW page appears indicate that a 603e or greater PPC is required.
> Many of the macs in our lab are old 601s.  Will it work on these?
Since nobody has answered my question here, I will point out that it does
appear to run on 601 processors.  I haven't had a chance to give PAWS a
full test, but it does appear to be pretty useful especially for display
-- e.g., it includes a font that transforms single letter amino acid code
into a symbol for side-chain structure.
Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Health Sci. Ctr., Rm. K443-C      |
Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |   FAX: (206) 616-1575
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |