Solaris X86

Pat Thoyts Pat.Thoyts at
Fri Nov 14 11:07:26 EST 1997

Jeffrey Keen wrote:
> I'm considering buying a PC to run Solaris Unix, does anyone know if molecular
> biology software such as Staden, XGrail or the Phred/Phrap packages run under
> the X86 version of Solaris or are these and other applications restricted to
> Sun hardware?
> Jeffrey Keen
> medtjk at

Staden at least runs under Linux on an x86. I'm not sure about the
others - and I
don't know about Staden + Solaris -- though I don't see why it shouldn't

Try the staden www site

Pat Thoyts                      Remove anti-spam from address to reply.
       PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD