GraphPad Prism versus Microcal Origin

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.edu
Mon Oct 6 20:10:59 EST 1997

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 04:32:20, "Lars Thomsen" <lthomsen at interlynx.net>
wrote:

> I had to do a lot of pharmacological analysis and we bought Microcal
> Origin...I struggled so much with the curvefitter that I eventually gave up
> and started looking for another program....and then I found that GraphPad
> had a working demo available...and I have used that to finalize my paper...I
> like it..It is simple and intuitive and I am especially fond of the tables
> and reports that is returned for each fit...
>
> Its a good program and I can only give it my warmest recommendation..

I agree. I adopted Prism for my research lab as well as my Biochem
teaching lab. The primary features I can't do without are the
ability to collect all data and graphs in a single project file, and
the fact that all analyses, curvefits, etc, are recalculated
automatically after one makes any change in the original data OR in
the curvefitting parameters.  Grad and undergrad students remark how
easy & powerful it is. It does not have as much flexibility as some
other programs in non-linear curvefitting and weighting, but it's
excellent as an all-around analytical tool.

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       |  Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX:
785-864-5321 |
| Departments of Biochemistry |    PGegen at UKans.edu
 |
|  and of Botany              |    http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu/

| University of Kansas        |