Computerized image analysis software

Joseph J. Strout jstrout at
Thu Oct 16 10:18:15 EST 1997

In article <01bcd9e9$dc507900$LocalHost at windows97>, "S. Bowman"
<sbowman at> wrote:

>        I am doing a study of the trophic morphology of fathead minnows
and I was
>wanting to use computerized image analysis software instead of calipers.
>Could anyone suggest an appropriate an relatively inexpensive (<$500)
>software package?

I strongly recommend NIH Image.  The price is $0, well within your
specified range.  =)  See <>.

>Could you please include a list of any specialized hardware that might be

None -- any Mac with at least 8-bit grayscale will do.

|    Joseph J. Strout           Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |
|    jstrout at   |