protein / predicting 3D-structure perturbation

Michel PETITJEAN ptitjean at
Wed Sep 10 08:49:29 EST 1997

I have the x,y,z coordinates of a protein in PDB format.
One of the residues has an H-bonding with the rest of the protein.
Now I replace this residue with an other one which offers no H-bonding.
How can I predict the perturbations induced on the 3D-structure ?
Is there softwares for that (free or not) ?

Michel Petitjean,                     Email: petitjean at
ITODYS (CNRS, URA34)                         ptitjean at