Good C compiler for Mac?

John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs at
Wed Sep 10 09:28:30 EST 1997

In article <34165531.566D at>, oxidizer at INTERLOG.COM wrote:

>As part of a fourth-year undergraduate reserach project, I need to
>program a population genetic simulation.  I'm looking for a good C
>compiler for a PowerMac; any suggestions?

One word: CodeWarrior.  More options than you can shake a stick at, and
probably more than you need. You should be able to get a good price

As far as I know (and I looked _hard_ about 9-12 months ago) there aren't
any _good_ (ie useable) free C compliers for the Mac.

Good Luck
John S. J. Anderson
Grad Student, MCB Dep¹t, U. of Az.       mailto:jacobs at
"You want some? ... HUH?" - [Army of Darkness].