Help Wanted: A free program to draw circular plasmids: for Mac or PC

Karl Worm karl-heinz.worm at
Mon Sep 15 07:43:20 EST 1997

At 16:11 Uhr -0000 12.09.1997, Obab is rumored to have typed:

> Hello Everybody!
> As you can see from the title of this post, I need a program
> (preferencially free or shareware), that can make diagrams of
> circular plasmids.
> I would appreciate a lot if someone could point out a site in the
> web where I could get such a program.
> Thanks in advance!

on the mac you may want to try MacPlasmap. Is is available from
Its fairly old but does the job and is easy to handle. But its only for
drawing, no sequence or res-site recognition.
There is also a newer version out but that is commercial software as far as
I remember.