clustal protein alignment with >50 sequences?

Geoff Barton gjb at
Wed Sep 24 04:09:57 EST 1997

Ashok Aiyar wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 00:46:11 GMT,
> davesmith at (davesmith at wrote:
> >We have 51 different phage and chromosomal sequences of the protein we
> >study.  None are more than 200 residues in length.  After an
> >exhaustive search of the web, we've been unable to find a program that
> >will line up more than 25 proteins at once.  Does anyone know of a way
> >to line these up and generate a dendrogram or "family tree" with such
> >a large number of individual proteins?

I didn't see the original post for this, but if you are running
on a Unix workstation, you can also try AMPS.  See our ftp/web site
for details.

Geoffrey J. Barton, Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
University of Oxford,
Rex Richards Building, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, U.K.
mailto:geoff.barton at, Tel: +44 1865 275368, Fax: +44 1865