Degenerate Primer generation from Multiple Alignments

Peter M. Woollard pwoollar at
Thu Apr 16 03:12:54 EST 1998

We bought a copy of the primegen software you are seeking quite a few
 years ago and it has been successfully used by a fair amount of users.
(I wrote a very simple perl script that converts msf to primegen format
and you are welcome to that. )

Anyway, the contact details were:

Author/Contact: Domenick Venezia, Scientific Computing Services, 7554
Jones Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
Cost: $100 for academic site license
Reference: O'Hara PJ., Venezia D (1991) "PRIMEGEN, a tool for designing
primers from multiple alignments", CABIOS, vol 7, no 4, pp. 533-534

        Peter Woollard
Bioinformatics,                    mailto:p.woollard at
UK MRC Human Genome Mapping Project
Resource Centre,                      Fax: ++44 (0)1223 494 512
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK      Tel: ++44 (0)1223 494 523