Scientific Misconduct, Thomas Jefferson University, and Roger J. Pomerantz

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg
Thu Apr 30 04:52:11 EST 1998

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:08:09 -0600, pfear at lycosmail.com said:

Thanks for your input, but what do you want me to do now ? Just one
newspaper article is pretty thin ice to do anything. Before you start a
cruisade on the internet, wouldn't it be better if an investigating
commitee of the school involved reached a conclusion ? After all, nobody
is guilty until some sort of courtcase.

Sorry, but how much I deplore misconduct in science, I think your
approach will not help to solve this issue.

>                        I awoke this morning to find a rather disturbing
>article in the Philadelphia Inquirer, the major newspaper of Philly.  Today
>they reported some possible misconduct by Roger J. Pomerantz and his associ
>ate
>Dr. Duan.

> It seems that their new treatment was fake
>and would have hurt patients who recieved the treatment.  My impression of
>the >news article is that they were trying to fool the scientific community and
>take advantage of AIDS patients.  Jefferson has been covering this up, and
>protecting this man.  I don't understand why?  This is horrible.

>                                    Science should be about fact, not money

wake up. we're almost in the 21st century.

clemens