VisualBasic or JavaScript for bionet users

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Thu Apr 30 18:21:33 EST 1998

Javascript is more portable, more of a non-proprietary standard, and
more likely to be used in a variety of programs including non-Microsoft
software.  There are many biologists who don't use Microsoft software much.

- don

In article <6iau6o$4le$1 at>, JMonahan <monahan at> wrote:
>I am in the process of writing a software application for genomics/bionet
>users. I will be embedding a scripting interface and am trying to decide if
>I should go with a VisualBasic or JavaScript dialog.  On one hand Basic is
>well known to even Microsoft Office users as a scripting language.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at