BP2.pm for NCBI Blast 2?

josephryan at yahoo.com josephryan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 17:41:04 EST 1998

> Has anyone modified Ian Korf's BP2.pm to support NCBI BLAST v2.0x

NHGRI::Blastall.pm is not a modification of Ian Korf's code but the
functionality is similar.   I have included the Release announcement.
NHGRI::Blastall.pm is Alpha software but should be helpful.  If you
have questions, comments, or suggestions send me mail to

This message is to announce the first public alpha release of
NHGRI::Blastall.pm.  Docs and other info available at
http://genome.nhgri.nih.gov/blastall/.  Feedback is appreciated.

This module is designed to run NCBI's standalone BLAST or initialize
existing BLAST reports and provide access for various elements of
the report. Blastall.pm also provides a filter method which allows
for filtering against an ecoli, repeat or any other database.
The motivation behind NHGRI::Blastall.pm was for it
to work with the forthcoming version of our NHGRI-WebBLAST

NHGRI::Blastall.pm and NHGRI-WebBLAST are public domain software.