free/shareware sequence aligment?

Stuart Brown browns02 at
Mon Aug 31 15:13:33 EST 1998

In article <6sao60$f2r$1 at>, "Antonin Tutter"
<atutter at> wrote:

> Hi netters,
> does anyone know of a freeware or shareware DNA sequence aligment program
> for the Mac?  I've been using DNAStar and MacVector but they are keyserved
> and I need something I can use when I am away from the lab.

ClustalX is a very nice (and free!) alignment program for the Mac.
You can get it at any of these public anonymous FTP sites:

You will want the clustalx1.64b.PPC.sea.Hqx file (provided that you have a

Stuart M. Brown
Bioinformatics Consultant
NYU Medical Center, 550 First Ave, NY, NY