clustal IS y2k compliant.

Peter Rice pmr at
Tue Dec 8 08:26:24 EST 1998

see_sig at (Richard P. Grant) writes:
> In article <subbtlf9cph.fsf at>, Peter Rice
> <pmr at> wrote:
> > You can buy "millenium countdown clocks" that
> > tell you how many days to the start of year 2000 but they only come with a
> > "one year guarantee" :-)
> That's good, because the millennium proper doesn't start until 2001.

Yup - so they are already 366 days out. I'm not celebrating the
millenium until then.  Hope nothing much happens in 2000 otherwise
historians will get terribly confused :-)

Meanwhile - I keep hearing about identifying your pets by implanting
"a chip" in the back of the neck. Wonder whether anyone would believe
a story about these chips not being tested for Y2K compliance ...

Peter Rice                | Informatics Division, The Sanger Centre,
E-mail: pmr at  | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967     | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, England
Fax: (44) 1223 494919     | URL: